Reduce, Reuse and Recycling
This page is all about the Trinity recycling efforts. Several of these projects earn funds for technology and other school needs. Thank you for your
February 2009-Trinity Catholic School was deignated a Columbus Green Spot!
That's it folks for this year's contest. We made it to the top, but not the grand prize. Watch here for official results after May 15th, 2013.
We will continue to accept cans and bottles over the summer, just leave them at door #3.
Watch for more information via e-mail and the Friday Forget Me Nots. We will need every parent's, student's and teacher's help. Together we can do it!
Save aluminum non-alchoholic beverage cans and #1 clear plastic water and juice bottles!
Separate cans and bottles and if possible put them in bags that we can see that they are separated.
Bring them to school!
Leave them at door #3.
No amount is too small and no amount is too big!
#1 clear pete plastic beverage containers and aluminum non-alchoholic beverage cans
are what we collect, sort, weigh, and scan to recycle for the contest.
Please contact Mrs. Susan Haninger with your questions and email@example.com
Go here Dream Machine Recycle Rally to learn about the prizes for this year's contest and check the leader board to see our place in the competition.
Funding Factory-We have been recycling ink cartridges and cell phones since 1999.
2013 Recycling Rumble
We won the 2011 and the 2012 Funding Factory Recycling Rumble! Let's see what we can do this year! Go Trinity!
Click the logo to learn more.
Through the TerraCycle company we belong to several Recycling Brigades. Currently we are saving and sending to TerraCycle the following items:
|Our Collection Brigades|
Frito Lay Snack bags
Solo Rigid Plastic Party cups
Personal Care product containers
|The following types of waste can be collected through the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade: lipstick cases, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, shampoo bottles, conditioner bottles, bronzer cases, foundation packaging, body wash containers, soap tubes, soap dispensers, lotion dispensers, saving foam tubes, powder cases, lotion bottles, chap stick tubes, lotion tubes, face soap dispensers, face soap tubes, face lotion bottles, face lotion jars, nail polish bottles, nail polish remover bottles, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, lip liner pencils, hand lotion tubes, hair gel tubes, hair paste jars.|
Fun Facts About Paper Recycling
- One ton of recycled paper saves 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space, 4100 kw hours of electricity (enough to heat a home for 6 months or run a television for 41 hours)
- De-inked paper fiber is the most efficient source of fiber for the manufacturing of new paper products; one ton of de-inked pulp saves over 7000 gallons of water, 390 gallons of oil, and reduces air emissions by 60 lbs compared to traditional virgin fiber processes
- Enough paper is collected for recycling each year to make a box-car train 7,600 miles long
- Everyday Americans buy 62 million newspapers and throw out 44 million
- One ton of recycled paper uses: 64% less energy, 50% less water, 74% less air pollution and creates 5 times more jobs than one ton of paper products from virgin wood pulp
- Abitibi-Consolidated Recycling Division and its Abitibi Paper Retriever® partners collect enough newspapers each year to completely cover 12,336 football fields in paper one inch deep
Aluminum Can Recycling-We recycle with Rumpke and recieve a per lb. rebate on cans collected and deposited in the big blue bin. We also collect aluminum cans with Waste Management and participate in the Dream Machine Recycle Rally, see information above.
EcoPhones, includes other electronics that can be recycled for funds that will go to Trinity Technology Programs. Visit their website below for more information.